Freitag, 19. April 2019

"Dragon slayer´s father" by Gerhard Gundermann

English translation of "Drachentöters Vater" (1982)

You´re standing before me, a hero who has failed,
your eyes smeared (with dirt) and without your chain mail
your trousers torn, your back likely bruised
your lips bitten, your hair grey almost

So did you expect a party ahead
that the out of joint world could be set right
after all you should know it´s not good fun
to hoist again the fallen cold sun

You´re standing before me with empty hands
your soul dying from cold and your energy spent.
You didn´t wait, felt like (a) big boss
for the clouds headed, then fallen on moss.

So did you believe all the stones in your way
would turn to dust, on a cloud you´d fly
And evil dragons were cowards and bums
more something to laugh at with their toothless gums

You´re standing before me, I´ve grown very old,
You ´re looking to me full of hate, icy cold
(and) into my skin this gaze deeply nicks
it´s else neither chewed up by sword stroke or tricks

I have become wise and you are full of wrath still
You´re loud and I am quiet, that´s fine if you will
The flag´s going to fly from my gun, too.
I´ll be walking with you and in front of you.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen